DJ Shiftee in Total KONTROL | Native Instruments Z2
Dolphin Music on Dec 24, 2012
DJ Shiftee with the Native Instruments Z2 Mixer
It’s no secret that DJ Shiftee is a big fan of Native Instruments DJ gear. It was earlier this year that we found him, along with Mr. Nice having a ball with the Kontrol F1. Shiftee is the only American DJ to date to have won the DMC Battle for World Supremacy, this guy knows his stuff… and he knows what gear does the job best.
In this video, Shiftee performs a standout scratch routine in a New York warehouse, with the TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2 as his central control hub. He works with the Z2s remix decks, post-fader effects, and TRAKTOR PRO’s new Macro FX and Flux Mode. He also shows us how he uses MASCHINE to control the same Remix Decks and cue points set up on the Z2, making it the ultimate performance partner to the world’s first 2+2 control mixer.
More about the Z2
This bad boy was only unveiled about 3 months ago, highly anticipated by DJs all over. But it’s here now and as you can see, it was well worth the wait! The Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol Z2 DJ Mixer is a two channel stand-alone mixer, which features two extra channels for remix decks. This 2+2 concept allows the Z2 to deliver unprecedented sonic and creative control. Some of the Z2’s key features include:
- 2+2 channel DJ mixer/controller and 24-bit audio interface
- Best-in-class, tour-safe build quality
- Robust, aircraft-grade aluminium chassis
- Ergonomic industry-standard layout
- 3-band EQ plus dedicated filters per channel
- Premium faders by Innofader
- Multi-colored Remix Deck/cue point trigger buttons and LED loop display
- One-knob Macro FX
- Innovative Flux Mode
- Lossless post-fader effects using the industry-leading TRAKTOR effects suite
- Built-in powered USB hub* for 2 add-on DJ controllers such as TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 or X1
- Instant plug-and-play setup, with full TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2.5 software** and timecode media included
*USB 2.0 high-speed hub is optimized for Native Instruments hardware.
** You will receive a download link for the TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2.5 software instantly after registering your hardware unit with Native Instruments. Remix Deck content is available as a separate free download. The software requires activation after installation.